Friday 1 June 2012

Zumba!

My body conditioning had improved greatly after two years of Iynegar Yoga so it was time for me to investigate other exercise options.  I bought a ticket for a Zumba fundraiser one Saturday morning.  It was a Latin/Salsa inspired dance class led By Sharon Delbridge who I recognized as one of the Reh-Fit Centre's fitness instructors.  It was a great deal of fun and I was able to keep up with the group for the full 60 minutes.  Thus inspired, I started the Zumba Gold class with Sharon.  Sharon also teaches a really great Vinyasa Yoga flow class at Reh-Fit.  She uses yoga poses and breathing as a way to quiet the body after a cardio workout and let in the healing feelings for mind, body,  and spirit. 

Amazon has a great selection of Zumba DVDs, game systems, weights and clothing.

Scroll down on my blog and check out my Zumba Squidoo lens in the right hand column.  I've recently updated it with a new content including a YouTube video of our Zumba Tone class.  You get to see me in action!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment