Tuesday 15 May 2012


The Traveller Returns

I have returned from my two week trip to Turkey.  I hope to get a Squidoo mini-blog done within the next week to share some of my pictures and adventures.  The worst part of the trip was all the flying time.  We sat on the planes for 13 hours per direction.  This is just the plane time, not the time spent between flights.  We encountered enough turbulence that the seat belt sign was on more than off so less walking about.  The first full day in Istanbul everyone had stiff hips and legs.  Walking was a chore until we got our kinks worked out.  The simplest thing I found that helped immensely was Sukhanasa (easy pose), a simple cross-legged position which I did on my hotel bed.  Another pose was Baddha Konasana (bound angle pose) and my fav, Uttanasana (standing forward bend).  I found my recovery from the day of flights much faster than previous trips.  The longer I work on my Iyengar Yoga, the better my body is.  This morning I popped out of bed by 7:30am with the energy I needed to get back to my home routine.  It’s good to know that something I started four years ago continues to benefit me.  I anticipate more improvements as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment